Construction of a composting platform on the capping of a technical landfill site at Lachute
The RIADM operates a composting platform at Waste Management’s technical landfill site in Lachute, Quebec. The RIADM wished to relocate the platform to a capped section of the site.
Groupe Alphard were mandated to complete a geotechnical feasibility study and to prepare preliminary engineering for the construction of the new platform.
Intermunicipal Government of Argenteuil and Deux-Montagnes
Argenteuil Deux-Montagnes, Quebec
- Geotechnical characterisation of the materials composing the existing capping layer
- Stability analysis of the new composting platform
- Evaluation of the subsidence risk
- Preliminary design of impermeable systems, runoff water drainage systems and access roads
- Preparation of a geotechnical study for the project’s Certificate of Authorisation request
- Preliminary construction cost estimates