Closure of a technical landfill site
The MRC de La Vallée-de-l’Or wished to close a cell of an engineering landfill site operating on its territory. Groupe Alphard was mandated to provide engineering services for the project, including the production of plans and specifications, the estimation of project construction costs, the coordination of the Call for Bids and the on-site surveillance of works. These services were performed in conformity with the regulatory requirements governing sites of this type, including legislation on the landfill and incineration of waste materials (in French le Règlement sur l’enfouissement et l’incinération de matières résiduelles [REIMR]) and applicable governmental decrees (18-2005, 598-2002, etc.). The final area of the covered cell is around 7,500 m2 (75 m x 100 m).
Mrc De La Vallée-De-L’Or
La Vallée-De-L’Or, Québec
- Analyze and verify the site’s topographical data;
- Prepare plans, specifications and scope definition documents for submission to contractors;
- Prepare natural and geosynthetic materials quality control programs;
- Prepare quantity requirements and detailed project cost estimates;
- Identify and implement environmental protection measures during construction work;
- Manage the call for bids, respond to contractor questions and analyze contractor submissions;
- Provide off-site engineering services (contract control and preparation, plans and specifications, analysis of equivalence requests, change requests, etc.);
- Provide on-site engineering and surveillance services (coordinate and monitor contractor activities, monitor and control project costs, participation in site progress meetings, inspection of work performed by the contractor, etc.);
- General project management services (definition of project success criteria, identification of project deliverables, production and monitoring of budgets, schedules, etc.).